Friday, January 23, 2009

Recession Stressin'

Still on the job hunt. It seems like everyone is! I called a couple of my temp agencies today just to touch base so they don't forget about me. It's kind of stressful not having a job. Yesterday I applied at a hair salon for the receptionist position. It's in a very central area so I'm sure many other people applied for the job as well. Hopefully I find something soon! Dublin is just too expensive not to be working!

Tuesday night I went out with Renata, her friend Erika, and Erika's flatmate Valentina. Valentina had just arrived from Torino, Italy and can barely speak English. But she's very nice so we'll be hanging out again! We went to one bar that has 2 euro drinks on Tuesdays. Obviously the place was packed! Then it had to be evacuated because there was a bomb scare. This was still fairly early on in the night, so we went to another bar called The Mezz. We had loads of fun there! There was a band and they were playing The Doors, Nirvana, AC/DC, etc. They were actually pretty good! Then we went to et another bar after, it's a club that is opened later than most so a lot of people go there after the first bar they went to. It's called Copper Face Jack's and it's well-known in Dublin but no one really likes it, or will actually admit they do. haha! Anyway, needless to say we had a very good night on Tuesday!

Wednesday was kind of a write-off. I slept till 1pm, which I never do! And then I basically just slept all day... so productive, eh?!

Yesterday I walked around town a bit, dropped off my CV at that hair salon, bought some hummus which is kind of weird but oh well! hahah. I kind of miss Canadian food. The comfort of knowing what you're going to get... but that's part of the joy of travelling, right?!
Pedro's family arrived from Spain; his brother, sister-in-law, and sister. They brought over delicious food, it was so good! I love Spanish food. When Pedro moves back to Spain I'm definitely going to visit him and pig out everyday! They are from Majorca, Spain which is really quite beautiful. It's kind of close to Ibiza, if that helps. I just did a quick google search and came up with these photos. No wonder he has a hard time believing me about the cold Canadian winters!!

Pedro and his family left today to drive around Ireland for a few days, which is something I'd really love to do. They were nervous about driving on the other side of the road, so hopefully they're okay! I know I was nervous just crossing the street, let alone driving [even though I don't have my license...].

I may be going out with Valentina tonight but I'm not sure. Tomorrow night I'm going to Whelan's with Holly and Heather. Should be fun, as usual! Then on Sunday I'll be going to a concert with Holly. We're seeing The Streets, who are based out of London. I don't know if they've ever been to Canada, so I'm pretty excited to see Mike Skinner and The Streets.

Have a good weekend everyone, I know I will!

xo.

No comments: